8.15.2008

2. Tuesday, January 30, 2007


"God is in control and He has a plan!"

Many of you ask about what happened with my eyes and how I'm doing, so I thought I'd post a blog to update you!

Most of you know that in 2003 I got really sick. I happened to be pregnant with my baby, Micah and there were many times we didn't think either one of us was going to make it. I had seven painful spinal taps and many other tests and procedures throughout my pregnancy (and throughout the year after I had Micah) trying to stop the spinal fluid that was leaking into my brain and my eyes. So....as most of you know, my eyes were permanently damaged. Though they healed some....I can actually see a lot better than when I first got sick. (*shocked face for those of you who give me a hard time about being blind!*)

There were many days where I would beg Paxton to stay in my lap so I could see his face. If he were any further than that from me, I couldn't see his precious face. There was concern as to whether or not I was going to go completely blind. There were lots of different concerns.

But God is so big! And He loves and cares about every hair on my head. God touched me and Micah. I'm amazed everytime I look at Micah at how fearfully, wonderfully and miraculously He was made! I praise God for protecting him and keeping him so safe in the midst of the storm going on inside of my body the 8 months I carried him.

But what about my eyes....well....I'm legally blind, but most people would never guess it. I can function quite well and can see most anything I want....if it's close enough! :) I have trouble recognizing faces from a distance...I have trouble reading but I can do it....it just makes my head and eyes hurt.

The biggest adjustment has been the driving. Yes, praise the Lord, I can drive!! I waited TWO WHOLE YEARS of not being able to drive, but after purchasing $3400 glasses with a big black telescope on top of them and taking 60 hours of drivers' training and tests, I can drive....daytime only....but I can drive!!!

Some days I do get really frustrated. But ultimately, I know that I am in His hands and He is working out His plan for my life. I pray constantly for total healing....but if that is not in God's plan....I'm okay. He has brought me through so many trials and has richly blessed me....I really can't complain! God is good! He loves me, He saved me, He delivered me, He healed me, He sustains me....always!

So for all of you who were wondering, but didn't want to ask....now you know! :) And please...you can always ask me anything about it...or about anything else! I have a huge book of a testimony! You'd be AMAZED what God has brought me out of......but that's another blog for another day!

No comments: