12.30.2010

44. December 31, 2010

God IS Faithful....


My little Micah... my "double miracle"... turned 7 today. SEVEN!! I can't believe it! Where has the time gone??!

Every year I get overwhelmed with emotions around his birthday. Ok...quite honestly, I get "overwhelmed with emotions" at both he AND Paxton's birthdays every year... but with Micah it is much more than the "my baby is growing up" sentiment. I refer to him as my "double miracle" because I was told at a young age that I would not be able to get pregnant on my own, if at all. [And God blessed me with TWO amazing boys!!] And Micah is a "double" miracle because he made it through a really rough pregnancy filled with concerns, fears, many hospital stays, tests, spinal taps, medicines, and many confused doctors that weren't really sure what our final outcome would be. Every year on Micah's birthday I am reminded once again of God's faithfulness. I'm reminded of His love and mercy. I'm reminded of His promises.

Psalm 91:4 "Because He loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name."

Isaiah 40:31 But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not grow faint.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

As I look at my handsome, smart, funny, loving, compassionate, HEALTHY Micah, I am at a loss for words as to how to thank my Heavenly Father for protecting Micah through my very difficult pregnancy! I simply can't adequately thank Him and praise Him enough for His healing hand on both of our lives!! I'm in awe of the love of God. He has done so many miraculous things in my life... I have so much to be thankful for.... but for today, I praise Him for LIFE!

Thank you, friends and family, for your love and prayers! (For any new readers... you can read a little more about mine & Micah's journey in the previous post
http://michellecbush.blogspot.com/2008/08/monday-december-31-2007-post-from_15.html )

HAPPY NEW YEAR and GOD BLESS YOU!!

No comments: