4.24.2011

45. April 24, 2011

"He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" - Romans 8:32

Winter was rough!! I'm so thankful that SPRING is HERE!! Lupus has shaken my body all winter long. We (me and my docs) didn't want to increase my meds anymore, so we were trying to wait out the winter months to see how I would do once it started warming up.

PRAISE THE LORD it is getting WARMER and WARMER every day!! Although I can still be seen around town in pants and a fleece jacket (and getting lots of "are you crazy?" looks from folks passing by me) I am ever so thankful for the rising temperature outside each afternoon!! There are definite aspects of the Lupus that are much worse in the cold weather and much better in warmer weather.

We still have some decisions to make about my treatment as this disease seems to be progressing and affecting more systems in my body, but ultimately I know I am in God's hands and come what may, He IS carrying me through. I just have to take it one day at a time... and I will NOT take it lying down... God gives me the strength (physically AND emotionally) to make it through each and every day. Yes, some days are much harder than others, but I will press on! PRAISE THE LORD, I am a fighter because of HIM!! HE MAKES ME STRONG!!

"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary, and they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

As I reflected on our Lord & Savior's death on the cross, burial, and resurrection this weekend, I was constantly reminded that He CHOSE to die for ME! For my life... for my salvation... for my sins... for my eternity... for my love... for my sicknesses... He took on the sins of the world and died a brutal death because He loved me.


"Surely He hath borne our griefs (Hebrew: sicknesses) and carried our sorrows (Hebrew: pains) yet we did esteem Him stricken, smitten of God and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and by His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:4-5

My healing IS coming... and while I'm waiting, I will praise Him, serve Him, worship Him, love Him, and thank Him for my many blessings!!

"For I will restore health unto you, and I will heal you of your wounds, saith the Lord." Jeremiah 30:17


No comments: