8.15.2008

6. Thursday, June 19, 2008

"prayer...and MORE prayer..."

ok, prayer warriors! I need you once again!

I had to go back to Emory this past Monday (June 16th, 2008) to see the neurologist. He talked me in to doing another spinal tap (this was my EIGHTH) and although I strongly protested it, I'm glad I let him do it. The spinal tap showed the pressure in my brain was elevated again. What this means is the illness I had 4 years ago when I was pregnant with Micah has flared back up. It is called psuedo tumor cerebri and basically means spinal fluid is leaking and causing high pressure in my brain. This illness is what caused my vision loss in 2003. So now I'm back to making lots of trips to Emory....I already have 3 more appointments scheduled in the next 3 months for various tests and visits with the neurologist and my neuro-opthomalogist. That's a LOT of traveling...and a LOT of GAS MONEY!!! :/

Anyway....the good news is they've caught it early this time, so they should be able to get it under control with medication and I should not have any additional vision loss.
Bad news is, the medication that I will be on has a lot of really bad side affects. Lots of people with this illness are on permanent disability solely due to the side effects of this medication.

So.....I am first and foremost praying for TOTAL HEALING from this illness. I know that God can and will heal me....with that being said, I also know that it will be in HIS TIMING, not my own. In the meantime, I'm praying that the medication will not be as difficult to deal with as it has been in the past.

I appreciate all of you joining me in prayer!

On a side note...I have a praise!! In March of 2000 I had malignant melanoma (a very serious type of skin cancer) on my back. Since then, I have to go every 6 months for "cancer checks." Last week I had two spots that the doctor thought looked suspicious, so he cut them off and had them biopsied. I got a call from him yesterday letting me know they were NORMAL! YAY!!! I actually had a medical test that came back NORMAL!!! Praise the Lord! :)

No comments: