7.25.2011

48. July 25, 2011

"When I understand that everything happening to me is to make me more Christlike, it solves a great deal of anxiety." - A.W. Tozer

We finally have most of the results from my week long visit at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida last month. I have to admit, at times over the last few weeks I have felt quite overwhelmed. Yet, I KNOW that I am HIS and He is holding me in His hands!!

"You will keep him in perfect peace,Whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You!" Isaiah 26:3

What we found out is that, in addition to Lupus SLE & Pseudo Tumor Cerebri (along with issues with my thyroid, asthma, Raynaud's Phenomenon...the list goes on..) I have another auto immune disease, ANKYLOSING SPONDYLITIS (you can read more about it here http://www.medicinenet.com/ankylosing_spondylitis/article.htm)

The cardiologist I saw at Mayo also says I have inflammation in the blood vessels on my heart and has started me on daily Nitroglycerin. This really isn't a big deal, but is something my doctor's will continue to monitor.

I also had some abnormal results on tests that were run on my lungs, so they ordered a chest CT. They found two small "nodules" in my right lung. We are going to do another scan in 2 months... if there is any growth, we will do biopsies. In the meantime, I will see a Pulmonologist at Emory this Friday, July 29th.

"For I will restore health unto you, and I will heal you of your wounds, saith the Lord." Jeremiah 30:17

While I do admit I have moments of frustration, aggrevation, self-pity, and just plain fear... I ultimately KNOW that I am right smack in the middle of God's plan for my life. I do NOT believe that God CAUSES sickness and pain in our lives, but I DO believe that sometimes He allows us to walk through pain, affliction, and trials for the purpose of shaping us and molding us into who He is calling us to be so that we are able to be used by Him in more powerful ways!!
"I am looking to the only One who holds me in His hands... His healing, His power, His love, He pours over me like tiny grains of sand... I am His, I am His, I am loved by the King and this... this shall sustain me!!" - From "I am His" by Michelle C. Bush

thank you all for your love and prayers!! God bless!
Michelle

No comments: