9.04.2008

15. Thursday, September 4, 2008

i went to emory today to see my neuro-opthamalogist and my neurologist.

* my eyes are stable - PRAISE THE LORD!!! my doc said everything was pretty much the same since she saw me last (july 2007)....no changes....yay!!!

* my neurologist is doubling my diamox dosage (diamox is the medicine i take for the pseudo tumor cerebri...it makes me feel really bad, and causes my hands and feet to hurt a lot!). i'm not very excited about this, but it seems to be necessary, so i'll do it...and i'll cling to the fact that god is giving me supernatural strength to face each day....and each day that passes means i'm one day closer to the day he will heal my body completely. :) hallelujah!!!

* concerning the possible neurosarcoidosis...my neurologist received the letter from the insurance company today saying they need some more information from him before they will approve the PET scan he wants to do. he'll send in what they asked for and wait for a response.

* my doctor also needs me to have my potassium levels checked (because of the medication i'm on) and may need to start prescribing potassium supplements.

* i'm going back to emory on tuesday, september 16th for another MRI :/

* then i'll go back to emory on wednesday, september 17th to see an ENT that my neurologist referred me to about the situation with my ear (my jugular vein is going through my middle ear...causing LOTS of pain and hearing loss)

* these two new appointments are in addition to the many other appointments the boys and I have that i mentioned in the post from august 26th. philip and i are both feeling pretty overwhelmed right now with medical stuff!! i really appreciate your prayers.

i received a really sweet card today from someone in our church. it touched me and blessed me far more than she'll ever know. she said i was an inspiration to her. i have to say...i've never, ever in a million years thought i could be an inspiration to anyone else. please know, it is not by my own strength that i get up each day...it is the strength God gives me (new every morning) that enables me to do all that i'm doing. it is the joy of the Lord that enables me to keep a smile on my face. it is remembering who He is and all that He has done for me that enables me to praise Him so freely. i'm so thankful to God!! He's richly blessed me in so many ways...and i've never deserved any of it!!

i can't say this enough: thank you all for your prayers, your hugs, and the sweet words of encouragement that you are pouring out over me. i'm so blessed to have each of you in my life!!! i love you all and will continue to keep you posted!

god bless!

No comments: