9.01.2008

14. Monday, September 1, 2008

it's monday....it's raining...praise the lord...i get to spend the day with my boys...that makes me very happy!! :)

i'm feeling ok so far today. yesterday was a pretty good day. we had GREAT services at church yesterday. i'm so thankful for my church family...the love and support and prayers they offer up for me are almost overwhelming! i feel so loved.

i'm still in a lot of pain every day...mostly my head, my neck, my hands and my feet. Yesterday morning while on the platform, my entire left leg felt like it was asleep...it was hurting so bad, yet at the same time felt like it was completely numb...it was a strange feeling.

with that being said...i'm actually feeling somewhat better! :) the medicine that i was on had really bad cognitive (mind) effects. my neurologist referred to it as "the stupid drug." it really affected my short term memory and my overall thought process....it truly did make me feel stupid (yes...even more stupid than normal!!). i really didn't like the way it made me feel. the medicine he switched me too (diamox) has basically the same painful, physical side effects, but doesn't affect me cognitively the way the other one did. hallelujah!!! :)

i go back to emory on thursday...i'll keep you guys posted!!

thanks for you prayers! god bless you all!
and happy labor day! :)

No comments: